Wednesday, September 12, 2012

There's a fine balance to everything

Today, I taught.  Yes, I know we've been in school almost 3 full weeks now, but with my new laptops, I've not been teaching.  The recognition that I'm not connecting with my students has been coming to me over the past few days - because we're trying to work out the ins and outs of using technology to get our work done.  I feel like I'm teaching a mile wide and an inch thick! 

So, today, during 6th grade French, I taught the old fashioned way - with music, flashcards, document camera, whiteboard, note-taking, repition and Edmodo - but only to start off with - then they shut it down. I LOVED it!  (And I think the students loved it too!!)

I've got to strike a balance with technology or I'll never get anything taught - I think I'm doing technology just to do technology - and that's not the way to integrate it.

When I sit down to plan this weekend, I need to look at my old stuff and then consider how to join the two.

No comments:

Post a Comment