Tuesday, September 11, 2012

We're under way!

I've been posting to our District site because we're required.  It's not a chore, and if it weren't mandatory, I probably wouldn't do it - just like with this one.  I've already gotten bogged down with the day to day work that comes with teaching. 
Here's a rundown of my responsibilities:

11 classrooms 240+ students (I'm not going to stop to count), 6 preps, (5 different on one day!!) French - 3 levels, Spanish-2 levels and  1 World Language Class.

Overall, I think my students are great.  I've run into a bit of a snag with a group of 7th grade entitleds.  I've called home, tried to re-direct and forced a laptop to be closed and stay closed the rest of the period because rules weren't followed.

I've been using Edmodo a lot - I think it's going to  be great!! - I'm finding it's got some programming glitches sometimes.  And I'm finding the students like to write notes to each other like they do on Facebook.  I've cautioned them that it's offtask and that they will lose privilege if they continue.

I'm wondering if I can form the bond I create when I teach-teach versus now when I'm using the laptops as the tool.  I find myself at the background - but I'm not connecting.  Some appear bored ( and those are the ones that post about it!!)  I think I'm going to have integrate more of myself with the technology.

I've been using Powerpoint to keep the students up with what's next in the class, but it keeps me stationary.  I'm struggling to keep everyone's preps and reviews and intros on target and add Tech Facilitator responsibilities along with that - which I thoroughly love - but takes time and energy too.

Well, back to lessons - and I haven't even begun to grade papers yet!!

No comments:

Post a Comment